Thursday, April 19, 2012

flat stopper giving me flats

I was hit by a car the other night. T-boned and knocked me to the ground. Nothing broken on myself or the bike thankfully. Even rode home. But when I got up the next morning my rear tire was flat. Put in a new tube and then on my way home last night I got another flat -- in the same spot on the tube. This time I looked a bit more closely and noticed this crack in my tuffy tire liners. My inner tube had been working its way into this crack and was working a hole in my tube. Cut this piece off, put in a new tube and rode home. No flat today. This seems to be a weird thing to happen to a tuffy liner so I have to wonder if the crash didn't somehow cause this? I was hit in the rear of the bike... probably not but it does seem to be an odd qoinqidinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment